Friday, May 17, 2013

Life in May: Day Seventeen

*Blogging everyday in May*

Share your favorite picture and why you like it.

Ugh, I can’t look at this picture without crying. Hard.

This beautiful lady is my Grandma Katie. Yes, that’s an ipad which she used everyday. She carried it around in it’s own purse. Such a classy lady.

At the time, we didn’t know how sick Grandma was. We didn’t know this would be the last picture ever captured in her 90 years. Cancer had taken over her small body, eating her from the inside. Seven months later she would leave us forever.

Three days from now another Monday will come and go like always. For me, I’ll drink coffee from her mug, wear her necklace and eat a BLT (our favorite). I’ll mark two years without her in my life. Two years of missing her everyday.

1 comment:

Britt and Hive said...

Wow. I am so sorry.
I actually have a grandma katie too, and she is the msot beautiful woman - with a heart of gold.

And I take her for granted.
I think I'll call her today in your honor. And tell Grandma Katie that I love her for you.