Monday, June 10, 2013

Life in June: Favorite Salad

Catch up here!

29things

Now that school is over, I have more time to spend in the kitchen. But, it’s 8 million degrees (give or take a few) in Arizona. Salads are the name of the game around here!

This salad is a combination of a few other recipes that I’ve added my own twist to. It’s simple and yummy. Two requirements for my kitchen!

Photo-6_4_13,-11.11.20-PM-6 

Photo-6_4_13,-8.50.20-PM-1

You’ll need:

*A bowl with a lid (this is super important!)

*Spring Mix

*1 cup Corn

*Tomato

*1/2 Red Onion

*2 Avocados

*Seasoned Black Beans

*Tortilla Chips

*Cheese

*Asiago Caesar Dressing

Photo-6_4_13,-8.50.20-PM-2

Pour beans and about a cup of corn into a large bowl. The corn will thaw while you’re cutting all the veggies. Do you need a picture of cut up vegetables? Didn’t think so! Cut ‘em up and throw them in the bowl. Easy.

Photo-6_4_13,-8.50.20-PM-3

Add lettuce and vegetables to bowl.  Crunch up some tortilla chips, add some cheese if you like, and add dressing.

Now come the best part!

Photo-6_4_13,-11.11.20-PM-3 

Put lid on, turn over, and shake!

Photo-6_4_13,-11.11.20-PM-4

The lid will look like this!

Photo-6_4_13,-11.11.20-PM-5

But your salad will look like this! Yummy!
Grab a fork and dig in.

Photo-6_4_13,-11.11.20-PM-6 (1)

Seriously, I eat this straight out the bowl. It’s that good!

4 comments:

Kirst Semler said...

That looks so delicious! I may have to try it!

Beckey said...

Yum! Looks delish!
Visiting from Mingle Monday.

ALLIE NYC said...

I BET salads are the name of the game there! I love salads. On the go, have you ever had salads from Pret? They are the best though not sure if they are in Arizona.

Ali of

Dressing Ken

Postcards from Rachel said...

Yum! I love trying new salads.