Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life in the Christmas Craft Room

For the last few years my Christmas decorating hasn’t really had a theme.

Last year I decided to go with the Christmas Cabin/Country feel.

That means lots of greenery, cranberries, and pinecones.

I also like to shop my house and use a bunch of my white pieces.

party7

Today I’m going to show you how to make those coffee can luminaries.

You’ll need:

Clean empty coffee cans (Or any metal can you have)

A paper copy of the design you want to make

Tape

Large nail and a hammer or a drill with a small drill bit

DSC06835

DSC06836

Cut out your stencil .

DSC06837

Tap the nail to make a small hole.

If your can is too thick (like mine was!), you can use a drill bit to make your holes.

DSC06839

Drill or hammer around your stencil.

DSC06838 

Put a candle inside and watch it glow!

DSC06843

DSC06844

DSC06845

I’m heading to Chicago this weekend! Can’t wait!
I’ll be back next week with a garland and wreath tutorial.

No comments: