Monday, June 13, 2011

Life in Wisconsin

And I’m back!

Not that I went anywhere,

except “home” to Wisconsin.

I’ve been struggling to put into words what the last few weeks have been like. Although I was planning my normal summer pilgrimage to the dairyland, my trip got bumped up because of some unsettling news that rocked my whole world.

My sweet  Grandmother passed away on May 20th.

grams

 

If you know me outside of the blog world, you know how close my grandma and I were. I grew up in the same house with her and my grandpa, who passed away when I was in second grade.

I was my grandma’s sidekick. We went everywhere together. She taught me how to cook, bake, and clean.

She and my mom were the most gracious hosts I have ever known. You could drop by the farm without notice and Grandma would make you feel like she had been waiting all day for you to come. She would drop everything, have a cup of coffee and cookie ready and eagerly listen to your news. She never slowed down.

More importantly, she would remind that you were loved by her and Jesus. I can’t remember Grandma without also remembering her strong faith.

Her funeral message was not one of mourning or sadness as some might have thought it would be.  It was a reminder of everything Grandma would have wanted us to remember about her: Our time here is short, but heaven is our home.

She desperately wanted everyone around her to know the love of her Savior Jesus. She’s a resident of heaven not because of all the good she did here on earth, but because she trusted Jesus with her life. What a strong witness to the world she gave us.

I will forever miss her, but I’m comforted in the knowledge that she is in the arms of her Savior. And someday I will see her face to face.

Although the first part of my trip was sad, I was able to spend time with all three of my brothers!

broskis 

Aren’t we cute?

They are the best. A little crazy, but I love ‘em!

 

I can’t wait to get back to PHX. I have a new classroom and a new apartment to move into. Which means there is a boatload of decorating fun to be had!

Can’t wait to share it all with you Smile 

No comments: