Friday, September 6, 2013

Life in September: Day Four

Share something that scares you.

Well, first off, I’m pretty afraid what life path this child will be taking.

Embedded image permalink

No, he’s not in my class and no, I didn’t put him up to it!

Moving on.

Not many things scare me. Plenty of things make me nervous and worried, but scared is not a word that gets thrown around. A few years ago I had a student that would routinely get in trouble for the same things. While he was being corrected or sent to time out he would scream This is not how I wanted my day to go!!! I would have to bite my tongue before hollering back Yeah, me too buddy.

I hadn’t thought about that until today. Being faced with the question What scares me?

This is not how I wanted my life to go.

My current life situation is not what I planned, but I know it’s where I’m supposed to be. I can have peace knowing that my life can still mean something regardless of how I feel about my circumstances.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i like that quote. but we all should remember that nothing is permanent unless we make it permanent.

happy friday!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Toni D. said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that. I think it's something that I've been needing to hear for a long time. I'm kind of in a similar situation - and I've been so angry because all of my plans have fallen through. But reading your post just made something click in my head.

So again, thank you so much!