Monday, May 20, 2013

Life in May: Day Twenty

*Blogging everyday in May*

Share something that you’re struggling with.

Goodness gracious I feel like I could write a book on this topic and only scratch the surface.

Weight. Yep, I went there. Feel free to click away if you want to!

I am now that annoying girl who only talks about working out. I’m that girl who clogs your pinterest feed with fitspo. I’m that girl who lusts after running shoes. I’m that girls who hates to miss a day at the gym.

I’m also the girl who just drank a caramel macchiato and ate a jalapeno bagel not two seconds ago! So don’t think I’m the poster girl for fitness. 

Now, believe me, this was not always the case. Heck, this time last year I was lucky to even see the inside my gym twice a week. This is such a recent development for me that I feel the need to share, not for you, but for me. To give me something to look back on when the days get hard and every mile is a blistering battle.

You see, I’ve always struggled with my weight. I don’t remember a time when I didn’t feel bad about myself. Something clicked in my brain last year and said, “Why not, this is your time, don’t waste it.” I’m such a cliché. You know those posters that say, This time next year you’ll wish you had started. I was/am determined that that wouldn’t be me. I was finally going to take control over the mind games and my body. I was tired of hearing all these stories about girls who stepped into the gym and changed their lives. I was ready for it to be me.

Every pound (all 25ish, thankyouverymuch) have been earned with a lot of sweat, not much blood, and a few tears mixed in for good measure. When I don’t see the results on the scale, I turn to facebook. Oh that great chronicler of all things labeled “Bad Choices”. Outfits and boys included! It’s amazing to see what even the smallest amount of effort has done for me and my body. And how long I still have to go.

So, thanks for listening! You’ve indulged my need to be “that girl” if even for a little while!

I know I’ve shared this before, but it’s too good not to share a little more!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great! And I love how you described facebook! It is a great reminder of all of our bad choices!

Britt and Hive said...

This is great. I'm glad you shared because its something that is posted about honestly, very rarely. Girls talk about how damn hard it is, or what a breeze it is, but there is very little REAL inbetween.

Thank you, maybe I'll hit the gym today, or run in my new-ish fancy nikes.