Monday, October 10, 2011

Life on the Weekend

Happy Monday!

I have the day off which is a great thing because boy, did I have a busy weekend!

 

On Friday my friends and I headed out to Movies in the Park and watched Rainman.

weekendcollage

Ignore the cell phone pictures!

On Saturday I picked up my Bountiful Basket.

If you’ve never heard of Bountiful Baskets, go check them out. A great idea and deal!

weekendcollage2

 

I used the awesome produce for brunch after church. We found some take and bake cookies from Walmart for $1!

They were pretty yummy.

 

My main goal this weekend and for my day off were to finish some of my crafty project around the house.

I’ve been wanting to make a fall pendant banner.

pendantbannercollage

I printed off a triangle template from Word.

Cut out four triangles from each color fabric.

Hot glued the triangles to a ribbon.

Hot glued the banners to my patio door and china hutch.

I love using hot glue to hang things rather than nails or tacks.

 

I finally finally finished my magnetic makeup board.

I’ve been planning this project for about 5 months!

Makeupboardcollage

 

 

This is such a great idea for any girl who has an overflowing makeup bag!

(Ahem, that wouldn’t be me!)

I only had small metal panels, but you could get a custom piece of cut metal.

Glue metal to cardboard

(I did this because of the small pieces of metal, you could skip this step if you have a large metal sheet.)

Pick fabric to match your décor.

Wrap around metal.

Hot glue fabric.

Hot glue magnets to the back of your makeup.
Make sure the magnets will hold your products.

034

 

I used heavy duty magnets for my foundation, bronzer, and gel liners.

Hang in your bathroom.

007

Enjoy being able to see all your makeup at once!

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Leslie @ Body Won't Break said...

I'm here from Mingle Monday.

Sounds like a great weekend. And I'm jealous of your day off to catch up!

Mostly Style said...

Heya! I found your blog via Life of Meg for Mingle Monday! Your DIY is awesome!! What a great idea! Can't wait to read more! :)

XO Lucy

Ashley said...

LOVE your DIY ideas! The pennant banner is adorable, and I definitely need to invest in something magnetic for my make up. It would be so much more organized!

Found you via Mingle Monday :)

TriGirl said...

Also stopping by from Mingle Monday! I really love the magnetic makeup board-what a great idea!