Monday, March 7, 2011

Life in February

Life gets messy. Life gets gritty. Life gets sad. Life is full of times of death and loss. It seems like the last few weeks have been full of one loss after another. Whether it has been the loss of my grandma's health, the loss of a job, or the loss of a friend through death; I've dealt with it all this past month.

A couple days ago I told my friend, "February Sucked"! It really and truly did. It seemed like everyone I talked to had something wrong. Or I would hear more bad news about my own life! It was enough to make me want to crawl back into bed and wallow in self pity.

When I look at February through the eyes of discontentment, it totally looks like some hardcore suckage. (sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to call it!)
When I look at February through the eyes of Christ, I remember how easy my life really is. Sure, things are tough right now. I have no job after May 25th. I'm trying my darnedest to not freak out.

But, I'm forgiven. My salvation is not in question. Through all of life's trials, Jesus' love for me never waivers.

I've been comforted by this verse lately:
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27


I'm going to live firmly in that promise, because that's so much easier than living in February!

No comments: