Friday, March 11, 2011

Life in the Details

What have you learned this week? I feel like I'm always learning but this week one major point has stuck with me...


God is in the details




I don't remember if I've brought this up yet, but the school I teach at is closing at the end of this school year. Which means after May 25th, I'm unemployed. SCORE! It has been a long time coming but it is still a hard pill to swallow.




Because I'm a Lutheran teacher, I'm not able to go out and just apply for jobs. We have a process that we have to go through called, interestingly, The Divine Call. We wait for a calling body, in my case a school, to contact us for an interview. It's a whole drawn out process that I might go into detail on another day. For now, just know that I can't actively search for a job on my own. Which, in a way, takes tons of pressure off of me. It is out of my hands and in God's where He'll do a better job with it anyway!




Last month, a school contacted me to set up a phone interview for a first grade position. I had the interview, which I thought went horribly because it only lasted 20 minutes! A few weeks later I got another e-mail which told me it was down to me and another lady. On Sunday, I find out that I didn't get the position. I was ok with it, because I wasn't too excited about leaving AZ and I really didn't want to get my hopes up. But, I was still super bummed.




On Monday, my phone rang at 8:30. I picked it up and it was a school here in the Valley wanting to see if I would be interested in interviewing for a kindergarten position!


God is in the details!


He loves us and wants the best for us! He knows me better than I know
myself. He already knew that I wasn't going to get the first job. I still
may not get this other job, but God already has the worked out. I have no reason
to stress or freak out. My future is secure in His loving handsI'm linking this up to The Crowley Party Learn Something!

No comments: