Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Life in Fall: Favorite Non Christmas Movies

 

Fall and Christmas…hands down, best time of the year. Can we all agree on that? Ok, moving on.

Like I mentioned yesterday, celebratin’ holidays needs to happen one at a time. Treat each day with the respect it deserves. That being said, there comes a time every year (around the second week of November) when I start itching to listen to Christmas movies and indulge in a little Love Actually. But rules are rules I’m a crazy person , and I hold off until after the turkey is put away. If you feel the same way, today is your day! I’ve spent a few years (I wish I was kidding) compiling a list of movies that contain Christmas scenes but aren’t strictly Christmas movies. 

Photo-10_8_13,-7.28.25-PM-1

-Under the Tuscan Sun-

Spending Christmas in Italy, yes please!

-Save the Last Dance-

My college years in Chicago makes me love this movie even more.

-Where the Heart Is-

Cheesy sappy goodness

-Maid in Manhattan-

Not one of JLo’s best, but the NYC scenes can’t be beat. Plus Simon and Garfunkel can’t hurt.

-Serendipity-

All the classic elements: Winter, skating, hot chocolate, and love.

-Someone Like You-

If you haven’t seen this movie, make some time. I love Ashley Judd.

-Sleepless in Seattle-

Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks make my list, again!

-Bed of Roses-

One of my absolute favorite movies. By far the longest Christmas scene in my entire list.

-You’ve Got Mail-

I know this was on my list yesterday, but come on “The horn the horn, it sounds so forlorn.” Stop what you’re doing and watch if you are confused.   

-Emma-

The Gwyneth Paltrow version is the best. Nothing like a Jane Austen ball to cheer you up!

-Mean Girls-

It would be an incredible shame if I didn’t include this gem on my list! The Talent Show? Teenage movie solid gold. 

No comments: