Friday, May 10, 2013

Life in May: Day Ten

*Blogging everyday in May*

Share your most embarrassing moment.

I was so excited for this prompt. Mostly because I already wrote this story last year. It’s worth another read, you won’t be disappointed.

 

(insert evil laugh here) This is a good one!

Now, I’m a firm believer that every person should have their first embarrassing moment at the age of five and preferably during the school day. That way, the rest of your embarrassing moments will only pale in comparison to that time when you truly felt embarrassment in full force.

That being said, I might feel this way because MY most embarrassing moment happened like this:

It was a dark and stormy night There I was sitting at my table coloring my bea-uu-tiful picture (of eh, a tree maybe?) when it hit me. The pressure was building. I couldn’t hold it anymore. I had to do something about it or there would be an emergency on our hands.

I had to go to the bathroom.

I raised my hand, like any obedient kindergarten student would. (HAHAHAHA!! I taught kindergarten for five years, NO ONE raises their hands when it’s an emergency!)

I politely asked my teacher, “May I please be excused. I need to visit the ladies room.”

My wonderful wise teacher responded back, “Why yes, my darling student, please do. And remember to wash your hands on the way out!”

Yeah right!

It was more like this:

“HEY LADY! I HAVE TO GO THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW!”

“NO, SIT DOWN, YOU’RE GOING TO MISS THE DIRECTIONS!”

Now, this is the point in my tale where different versions have been known to verge off into folklore territory, and since this is MY blog, we’re going to tell it MY way!

Because my need was immediate and my teacher did not see this, I did what any good girl would do.

I stood there and cried while I ,clearly, created a river the size of the Nile in our classroom.

Nice, right?

To this day, twenty three years later, my friends can still recall what I was wearing (a pink skirt with white tights), where they were standing in relation to “the river”, and what I had to wear afterwards (my brother’s massive black jeans).

And now, nothing phases me!

Seriously, not even falling down the stairs in front of a huge group of people in college, falling down and breaking my thumb on my 21st birthday, or falling down at the zoo last week.

Eh, maybe I should avoid walking!

Oh and when I became a teacher, I swore up and down left and right that I would NEVER let a child pee his or her pants in my classroom. Because really, what is so important that they can’t leave for a few minutes?

On my first day of student teaching, a girl peed during circle time.

I’m amazing!

 

No comments: