Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life in God Moments

I remember having a conversation with my mom a few years ago after we heard some people miraculous receiving just enough money to pay the rent and electric bills for the month.

I flat out told her, “That NEVER happens”.

She responded, “Oh Rachel, you just pray for God to show up in a big way and he will.”

The past few months have been difficult on the financial side of my life since moving and starting a new job.

Over and over I’ve prayed for God to show up in a big way.

He has answered time and time again.  

Whether it was a coworker who said, “Here, I heard you may need this”

Or the friend who filled up my gas tank because she loves me.

Or the anonymous friend who left money on my desk today to give to our school’s annual fund.

All these things add up to God working in a big way.

I believe that nothing is by coincidence.

God guides and directs our paths each and every day. 

He quietly nudges us with whispers of “Do you trust me? Can you give it all to me? Am I truly big enough to cover all your needs?”

 

Oh my friends, God is big enough.

God will answer.

Maybe not the way you want, but definitely in the way you need.

God didn’t give me all the money I wanted, but he gave me enough to cover what was necessary.  

And for today, that was enough.

 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths. –Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: