Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life in 40/40: Pretty Things Cleanout

Hello, my name is Rachel...and I have a problem. I love pretty things. More specifically, I love jewelry and shoes. I get all gaga when I'm around accessories. I practically drool over beautiful shoes. But, enough is enough. It is easier to make choices when you have less. After all, God only gave me two feet, two ears, and one neck! I neglected to take after pictures of my jewelry stashes. Just know that everything is nice, neat, and put away!

Here are my necklaces. I used to make a lot of my own jewelry, but trends change so fast in this area and most of it were a few years old.


I kept most of the stuff in the back box, and got rid of everything in the front box.These are all my cast-off earrings. They got boxed off and sent to their new home at Goodwill!
Here are all pretty girls! The Eiffel Tower thingy in the back is my earring holder.
Next up is my most dramatic clean out to date!

HELLO SHOES!!!
Or, GOODBYE SHOES!!!


Check out that gigantic pile of stinky shoes. There were a bunch that I had a hard time parting with. When it comes down to it, there are only about four pairs of shoes that I wear consistently.

Hello, pretty friends! You all get to stay!

Here is where my boots used to be. Crushed and smashed at the bottom of my closet.

Here is where they are now. Hanging up and out of the way!



One of my favorite parts of my apartment is my extra large closet and my shoe shelf. Be jealous! However, it had gotten messy. I had some organization, but it needed a good overhaul.


Top shelf : Super pretty and special occasion


(Love me some colored heels!)

Second Shelf: Sandals organized by color and Toms


Which now includes another pair!

Shelf Three: Neutral Heels organized by color

Shelf Four: Flats organized by color

Floor: Tennies
Did I mention how much I love my shoe shelf?!?

Well, there you have it. Up next is under the bathoom sink and hall closet.

Don't forget to like me on Facebook!





















No comments: