Friday, October 14, 2011

Life with a Guest Post #3

Faithwalkweek

Here we go with Guest Post #3!

Today we welcome my Auntie Jeanne.

250295_10150192577091611_546731610_7429688_4315000_n[1]

(Two of my faith shapers)

248945_10150187020966611_546731610_7383917_2749203_n[1]

After my mother and grandmother, my Auntie has shaped a majority of my faith walk.

When I’ve had the pleasure of being in her company (She lives in Hawaii so I don’t get to see her often!) talk mostly turns to our life walking with Jesus. We have gone to a few conferences and have shed many tears together!

If you follow me on Facebook, you will notice that She comments regularly with a note of encouragement.

You can’t beat that!

Here is her story about a time when her faith was challenged and strengthened.

 

HI Rachel, I really don't know where to begin writing about my walk in Faith. I have to talk about how Faithful God has been to me - not how Faithful I have been to HIM. Because it's God that is Faithful and has never failed me. It began many years ago and God has provided wonderful parents, church leaders and teachers to strengthen my Faith. HIS Word is so simple and yet so challenging.
When Uncle Lee had his stroke, God made sure I was there sitting on Lee's hospital bed when the stroke hit! I was going to go home a few minutes before the stroke hit but a little still voice told me to stay. And, HE was there every step of the way. Even when I didn't know what to ask the medical staff, God did. Little by little I learned what to expect and what to do for the months and years ahead.
When we brought Uncle Lee home, four months later, God sent a older, intimidating nurse that sat me down and said "now here is what it's going to be like and it's not going to be fun" but she prepared me in a way that no one else had. God saw to that.

 

Now I have to tell you that with a life changing illness, finances become very tight. I have tithed for years and suddenly, I felt like I didn't have enought to go around and I questioned for the first time if it was smart to tithe. Of course it's not smart in the worldly way but it's FAITH! It's being obedient to HIM. God has always made ends meet. Not in ways that I expected but HE has always seen to it that I had enough to pay the caregivers and the medical bills. And, HE has added JOY to the giving! I love to put my envelope in the basket.
My "go to" verse the last couple of weeks has been 2 Timothy 1:7 - "God has not given me a spirit of fear or timidity but of POWER, LOVE and SELF - DISCIPLINE." I battle fear in the middle of the night but I just call out Jesus name and fear has to back off. Fear is a lie and is NOT from the Father.

 

This is a little of what FAITH means to me - I feel like it's a gift that God gives out and the more we accept it, the more HE gives. It's turning to HIM when times are rough and telling HIM that I can't do this anymore but HE can! HE tells us that HE will take our heavy yoke and leave us with HIS light one.
For those of you that don't believe this, please just try it next time things go haywire! Just tell God that you need help and HE will be there. For all of you reading this, I feel the Holy Spirit just filliing my soul and my heart and telling me to pray for each and everyone of you. With God's Awesome Love and HIS Unending Grace, Love to you All! Auntie Jeanne - October 11, 2011

No comments: